It's nearly the weekend! Whoop-de-doo! As much as I'm loving this job - I need some sleep!
Didn't get to stare at James and thus figure out who he looks like today as I was banished to the basement. There are 5 studios upstairs and 2 downstairs, and the basement ones were being used today as it was busy. So I spent the day looking after them, as well as talking to Hannah, who sits on reception down there and is going to Barcelona tomorrow, dammit, and reading all the magazines from celebsville. T'was fun but I prefer being with the boys.
Ate my lunch in Soho Square, which is lovely but bloody cold when you're in the shade. It'll be fab in the summer though - lots of grass to have picnics on - if you can avoid being attacked by the pooing pigeons that is! If I'd have been sitting on the other side of my bench on Monday, I'd have been shat on by an anonymous arse in the sky! Now that WOULD have made a good impression on my first day - coming back from lunch with poo in my hair! I'd have never lived it down! We also have to dodge the pigeons when we take out the recycling, as there's a huge net between the buildings which they like to perch on. It's a hard life...
I saw that fashion designer with the bright red hair and eccentric clothes today. I had to do a run to a studio that was ridiculously far away, and was very proud of myself for not getting lost, even without my directions on the way back. That's when she walked past me - on Old Compton Street. Zandra Rhodes, that's the one. I don't think any sane woman of her age would model themselves on her, so I'm pretty sure it was the real thing. Cool huh - my first Soho celeb. Apparently we get Neil Morrisey in our studios doing Bob The Builder occasionally. I know - they're not terribly exciting celebs so far - but it's only my first week!
Looky looky - Dave's Hamish is famous! (Click on "pets", then "pet pictorials" on the left, and he's in Gallery 2 - updated March 13th)
I got an e-mail today about "The competition you recently entered at www.bluefootbear.co.uk to win a romantic trip for two to Namibia" (Did I? Possibly. Where's Namibia?). Anyway, after getting me all excited it went on to say that I'd won a runner's up prize of a £15 discount on a teddy bear of my choice. Joyous. I reckon they're all really expensive anyway so probably not that great a prize, but it's still nice to get a response. :o)
I'm getting through my 2 litres of water a day which I'm quite proud of. It's necessary with all the running around I do, and there's shedloads of bottles of Volvic in the kitchen (for the clients, but we can drink it, as well as eat the food!) I'm bound to get healthier if I keep this up - if you ignore all the smog I'm inhaling from being in Central London!
I need some trousers with pockets in. We get petty cash in the morning to buy lunches for the clients, but I never have any pockets to keep it in. Roll on payday - can't afford new trews 'til then! 7 days and counting...