This morning I did an early 'cos it was Sean (and my Mum)'s birthday yesterday and he didn't know what state he'd be in in the morning, so I swapped my 12pm start with him. Aren't I nice!
Yesterday there was a rather irate woman at the train station. The swingy gates wouldn't let her through, and the guard who looked at her ticket said it wasn't valid until the next day! so she started moaning that she had asked for a travelcard for that day, and not the next day, and that she needed to get back home that evening, so how was she supposed to do that with a ticket for the wrong day?! The guard was no help, and he sent her to the ticket booth, and she started yelling at the bloke in there, saying that it was his company's fault and that he should deal with it. So he starts yelling back saying that it's nothing to do with him and that she'll have to buy another ticket if she wants to get through the barriers! Meanwhile a queue is building up behind her of people who want to get on the train that's due to arrive any minute, and the self-service machine wasn't working, so she starts yelling at the people in the queue to make sure they get the right day's ticket, otherwise the bastards won't let you through! Unfortunately my train came before the matter was resolved, but it was a highly entertaining wait!
After Dave and my vox-pop spotting t'other day, I saw another film crew, this time shooting two blokes in leather, sitting on a sofa with a bunch of flowers and a number plate! I'm sure the film'll be a blockbuster...
Fate is a strange thing. I just missed the first tube I was aiming for on my way to work, so had to wait a couple of minutes for another one. When I got on, I was intrigued by a young chinese couple sitting together near where I was standing. Mainly because I noted how attractive the bloke was! Now I don't usually find chinese men attractive at all. That's not because I have anything against them, but I think in the main we're all attracted to people who are similar to ourselves. But this guy really was good-looking. And the girl he was with - who looked from where I was standing to be his girlfriend, appeared to have acne - again, something I don't associate with chinese people. So I was people watching them for my two stop journey, and that got me thinking about fate. If I hadn't caught that tube, but had got the one before it, I would probably never have seen those people, but would have been watching, and therefore thinking about someone else instead. So your (well, my) whole thought process depends on your surroundings. If that woman had got the right train ticket, she would have gone straight through and I wouldn't have noticed her, and I wouln't have been listening to her rantings for ten minutes, and thus would have had to find something else to think about while I was waiting for my train! Weird, isn't it!
I didn't get out of work 'til gone 7pm yesterday, so it was quieter than usual at the tube station. Nonchalantly glancing downwards at the track, I saw something dart across it. Upon closer inspection it was a mouse. But it was tiny! It must only have been a baby! (If baby cats are kittens, are baby mice mittens?) And once I'd seen one - they all came out to play! I must've seen about six of the things in the couple of minutes I was waiting for the tube. They didn't seem to be going anywhere, just milling about. But they were milling with such speed and determination that it looked like they were headed somewhere. And if you look like you know where you're going, you're alright!
I had the strangest dream the other night. I was throwing fireballs at houses and Christmas trees and people I didn't like. It went on for ages! I have no idea why I was throuwing fireballs, or where I got them from, but it seemed like a very natural thing to be doing at the time! No weirder than last night's dream, where I was getting married, but hadn't arranged a dress, and had to rummage through my wardrobe for something to wear! I ended up with a frilly midnight blue number. Very unflattering, which made it a very distressing day. But I don't even own a frilly blue dress! I don't understand my brain sometimes...