:: Jules' Blog ::

My on-line diary
:: welcome to Jules' Blog :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: Refresh [>]
:: RatherGood [>]
:: Loquax [>]

:: Friday, April 18, 2003 ::

Today I have been mostly...scooping newts out of the pond! I came home for Easter yesterday, and was sat out in the garden watching the fish this afternoon, when I saw something moving in the shallow bit at the edge of the pond. After a little while of staring, a head bobbed out of the water for air, then disappeared again! I couldn't find a net, and they were too slippery to get with my hands, so I used a jar. I think I lost the element of surprise after my first few attempts. They're wily little buggers are newts. But I persevered. Don't know if I got them all but their new home is the other pond in the middle of the garden. I hope the frogs don't eat them...

Ah what a gloriously sunny weekend! I bought Easter Eggs today then had to dash back to the car for fear of them melting. "Here <insert friend's name here>, have a soggy lump of brown!" Not good.

Just missed out on a Care Bears video on eBay. Some git sneaked in at the last minute! Ok, so that's what I was trying to do too, but that's not the point! Damn this slow Internet connection!

I hate markets. I was actually looking for something today. I need a new pillow as my old one exploded. Apparently there used to be someone selling pillows next to the guy selling "slightly stolen" towels(!), but I couldn't find him. What I did get though, was shouted at. Why do fruit sellers insist on shouting about their wares just as I walk past their mouths? "BANANAS! GET YOUR BANANAS HERE! ONLY £1 FOR A LOVELY BUNCH OF BANANAS!" If only I was a monkey...


:: Jules 6:21 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?