:: Jules' Blog ::

My on-line diary
:: welcome to Jules' Blog :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: Refresh [>]
:: RatherGood [>]
:: Loquax [>]

:: Friday, May 16, 2003 ::

Oh I did laugh yesterday. On the way to work (after having a black cat cross my path and not being able to remember whether this was good or bad luck. Incidentally all my limbs are still intact so it can't have been that bad!) I was walking behind this woman who obviously didn't know I was there, and she let rip! Very loudly! Several times! At which point I quickly walked past her so as not to suffer the after-effects of her rippage!

After a pretty average day at work (I'm still learning stuff!), I did my usual underground travel to Charing Cross. Had to wait for about 15 minutes for a train to arrive. I was pretty certain which platform it would arrive at, so stood next to the screen for that platform, ready to make a dash through the barriers as soon as the train was confirmed (if you don't make a dash for it you get squished as everyone tries to go through at once). I was right at the front of the crowd of people, and noticed that someone couldn't get through one of the barriers. They didn't seem to be able to get their ticket in the hole (you know what I mean). So they went to the next barrier and got through fine. Intrigued, I watched the next person try to get through. The same thing happened. This could be amusing, thought I. And it was. Some peple realised and were queuing at the next barrier, and then you'd get some arse swanning up to the broken one, failing to get through, looking sheepish and then trying to push into the next queue! Very funny. The bloke standing next to me was watching and obviously finding it hightly amusing too. Ok, so laughing at people's suffering is quite sad, but it was the end of the day, and I needed a laugh. Both the bloke next to me and me dashed for the correct barrier when our train arrived!

Now I'm at work and it's Friday! Hoorah! And now it's my lunch break! Yippee! And then I get to do training and thus no work for the rest of the day! Woohoo! And then the beers come out! Life is good!


:: Jules 2:48 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?