Well, I'm getting there with the training. It's a bit frustrating teaching my mentors what I do and don't know. I'm sure Martin thinks I'm a complete moron, after he told me what the little tab that you break off on the side of a VHS tape is for! Then again, in some ways I can't blame him. He will insist on asking me things like "do you know the difference between analogue and digital/mono and stereo?" Well of course I do, but It's not something that I've ever had to explain before, so I don't quite know what to say! But anyway, I have now learned how to label Digibetas, VHS' and CDs. Also how to make copies from DB to DB and DB to VHS. So I am progressing! :o)
Managed to make myself look like a complete tit this afternoon. While running across the road to avoid being run over by the speeding motorbike, my phone jumped out of my pocket, hurled itself onto the ground and spun under a car! So there I was, on my hands and knees, crawling under this car to retrieve it, probably looking like I was putting a bomb under the thing, and then when I got up my trousers were covered in mud, and on light grey trews, that's so not a good look!! I was actually quite amazed that my phone survived! It's got a few scuffs, but nothing too drastic. A few inches to the left and it would've landed in a puddle!
Talking of phones, I had a good snigger on the train on the way home. You know those ponces with the incredibly loud and wonderful sounding polyphonic ringtones who think they're all that and a slice of cheesecake? Well there was one of those sat opposite me. So off went his phone. He must've had it set on the loudest tone. He picks it up...