:: Jules' Blog ::

My on-line diary
:: welcome to Jules' Blog :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: Refresh [>]
:: RatherGood [>]
:: Loquax [>]

:: Saturday, June 07, 2003 ::

Well - I've been waiting for him to call all day, but Dave's obviously not that bothered about knowing my news. So blame him, not me...

I am now a member of snafu! Yippee! All hail Rob - for he is the snaf-god!

So - Buffy then. We all saw it, I assume. Good eh?! I didn't think it was that impressive until the final scene, when I went "oooooh". Now I have to wait 'til autumn for my next fix.

Only 86 days 'til my holiday! Woo! I'm going to Zante with my parents and Dave. I quite like having holidays later in the year (i.e. September), as then you tend to see some of the British summer, which we always used to miss when we went in July. 'Cos obviously there'll only actually be two weeks of continuous sun in Britain! Plus - no screaming kids! Bliss!

...Which reminds me...Aren't the kids of today little shits?! I went to the Co-op after work yesterday to get some milk. There was a woman standing in front of the (closed) door who let me in, and then when I'd finished, she said "Can you wait five minutes?", as there was a group of teenagers standing outside trying to get in. So the manager asked if I wanted to go out the back way. So I went through the stockroom (now I see why the Co-op never has any stock - it's tiny!) She was about to open the back door hatch when we heard a load of them out there, banging on the door! "It's a raid!" shouted one of the assistants! I got out the front way in the end, with a security guard and two blokes standing in front of the door so no-one could get in. They called the police after that. Not that it would've done any good. I saw the police car speeding past me, lights a-blazing and sirens a-bleating - which seemed a bad idea tome. Surely they'd have stood a better chance of catching them by sneaking up on them, rather than giving them enough warning to scarper. What I can't understand is what is so fascinating about hanging around outside the Co-op, drunk, on a Friday night. Surely they have better places to go? I blame the parents...

Have you heard that advert for Natwest on the radio where the bloke is trying to get through and the guy on the other end starts saying "no, no, no, no, no....."? Well apparently Natwest now have direct lines to their banks to avoid this. Which is bollocks. Complete and utter pap. I called their "direct line", having failed to get through on the local number that I had previously been given (it was disconnected), only to have it ring five times, and then be put through to an automated voice, saying "I'm sorry, there is no-one available to take your call...blah blah blah". Having tried calling sporadically over a couple of days, and maybe getting through once, with the bloke I wanted to talk to not being there and failing to call back when I left a message, I got utterly pissed off and just called continuously for an hour. Once it had rung five times and was about to be transferred, I'd hang up and hit redial. It worked eventually, but must have pissed them off in the meantime :o) I hate banks.

Aaaaaah! My cd player just broke! It's one of those ones where you push on the lid and the top flips up, but the catch has broken so it won't stay down anymore! Must...have...music!

<pause for panic>

Panic over. I've found that balancing a dictionary on top holds down the lid sufficiently well for the stereo to believe that the catch is in place - and it works! Hoorah!


:: Jules 5:07 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?