:: Jules' Blog ::

My on-line diary
:: welcome to Jules' Blog :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: Refresh [>]
:: RatherGood [>]
:: Loquax [>]

:: Monday, July 21, 2003 ::

Something woke me up at about 4am this morning. I haven't been sleeping well lately. Not sure why.

Anyway, I opened my eyes and saw something round and black sitting on the pillow next to my face. I can't see well at the best of times, but when there's only a tiny bit of light coming through my blinds, I've just woken up and I'm not wearing my lenses, I'm pretty much blind. But this, I saw. After getting my wits about me I realised it must be some sort of insect that had crawled through my window to sleep beside me. A big insect mind you, it was about the size and shape of a bumble bee. I thought it was probably a beetle. I don't like beetles. Ever since one crawled under my leg in a taxi in Greece I've disliked them.

So, what should I do, thought I. If I turn the light on it might wake up and attack me (as beetles do, obviously). So I decided to find some sort of receptacle to catch it in. The only receptacle which came to hand (I didn't want to move too much in case I disturbed it) was my water glass. Full of water. Having drank an entire glass of water, I carefully placed the glass over said beetle, ready to throw it out of the window. At which point I turned on the light, safe in the knowledge it could no longer get me...

...And that was the scariest god-damned hair bobble I've ever seen!


:: Jules 1:12 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?